Saturday, February 1, 2014

Winter Birthday

Well, my daughter is one of the lucky ones to have a winter birthday.  Not only does she never have to worry about going to school on her birthday, but she gets to celebrate in a winter-wonderlandy kind of way!  Even though we did these activities for her birthday, I was easily able to transition them to our classroom holiday party!  The kids loved the snowman theme and it helped keep things PC!  For snacks, I searched for snowman themed party online and on Pinterest (where else, right?!?!).  That's where I found idea to make these darling donuts:
You just take black gel frosting and dot the eyes and mouth and add an orange Tic-Tac to the middle for the nose!  

Then, not only did we make these as a craft for my daughter's party, but I made them with my class as a  holiday gift for their parents.  Just have your kiddos paint a small flower pot white, make a face with a paint pen, add a dab of pink chalk (spread with a Q-Tip) to the cheeks, and bottom it off with a bit of ribbon for the scarf.  I let the kids decide between the earmuff look or a hat.  The earmuffs were made using a pipe-cleaner and 2 puff balls and the hat was made by cutting some fleece (cut to the size of pot you get) and top it off with a ribbon.  

Whether it's for your classroom or for your little one's winter birthday, this snowman themed spread is sure to be a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment